As well as a 12 x Guinness World Record holding Bubbleologist, i am also a collector I have collected instruments, old books, curios, as well as vintage bubble toys, bubble paraphenalia and i have the biggest collection of bubble socks of anyone in the world! Look out for those in another future blog (or another world record!?!)..
I wanted this website to be a collection of all things bubble related too! And so here is a collection of some of my favourite bubble quotes of all time! They go back over a 1000 years and include quotes from the likes of Mark Twain, Lady Gag, Bill Murray and even Ozzy Osbourne!
Enjoy, and if you have any more i don't know about, let me know!
- “I wonder how much it would take to buy a soap bubble if there were only one in the world” - Mark Twain
- “A year from now, I could go away, and people might say, ‘Gosh, what ever happened to that girl who never wore pants?’ But how wonderfully memorable 30 years from now, when they say, ‘Do you remember Gaga and her bubbles?’ Because, for a minute, everybody in that room will forget every sad, painful thing in their lives, and they’ll just live in my bubble world.” Lady Gaga (nb This image includes her bubble dress from 2013, which the team at Bubble Inc helped to create! Ed.)
- “There’s no angry way to say bubbles” - Bill Murray
- “I’m Ozzy Osbourne, the Prince of Darkness. Evil! Evil! Whats evil about a load of bubbles?!" Ozzy Osbourne on hearing that his wife Sharon had organised a bubble machine for his stage entry
- “I’m more of a bubble man” Ken Livingstone on being asked if he’s the ‘Marmite Mayor’
- "As a lamp, a cataract, a star in space / an illusion, a dewdrop, a bubble / a dream, a cloud, a flash of lightening / view all created things like this." - The Diamond Sutra (written in 868 a.d by an unknown author, making it the World’s earliest complete dated printed book in existence!)
- "Yet there are moments when the walls of the mind grow thin, when nothing is unabsorbed, and I could fancy that we might blow so vast a bubble that the sun might set and rise in it and we might take the blue of midday and the black of midnight and be cast off and escape from here and now.” Virginia Woolf
- “I think that, like in my writing, reality is always a soap bubble” Philip K Dick
- “ I can understand why people would want to stay on the road because you create your own bubble. You almost don’t live in the real world. Just to have the things that are with you is fine.” Kylie Minogue
- “Like bubbles on the sea of matter borne. They rise, they break, and to that sea return.” Alexander Pope
- “Love is like a soap bubble. Beautiful; but ruptures just with a prickle.” Shreyansh Priye
- “Surround everyone you can think of in bubbles of love” - Diana Cooperwow you got so far! Well done! You qualify as a true bubble geek! In that case, can you add to this list...?